Ebook Distribution Licenses
What are Ebook Distribution Licenses?
Our Ebook Distribution Licenses allow you to give away Cruciform Press ebooks inexpensively—not to mention legally and with a good consience. This service is intended primarily for churches, ministry leaders, and conference organizers, but anyone is welcome to participate.
How do they work?
You purchase a license for one specific book title. We then send you an email with three download links, one link for each of the three dominant ebook formats. (see the sidebar for PDF-only exceptions)
Ebooks may be downloaded from these links one at a time. Each download only takes a few seconds.
The links will be “live” until the total number of ebooks downloaded from all three links equals the maximum number of ebooks in the license you purchased.
You can give away these downloaded ebooks to anyone, over any period of time, by any means you like. (See the sidebar for exceptions when printing PDF files on paper.)
You can upgrade to the next level (see next section) within 1 year of your purchase or upgrade.
What do they cost?
Ebook Distribution Licenses come in six levels.
LEVEL A……………..12 to 20 ebooks………………$59.00 ($5.00 to $3.00 each)
LEVEL B……………..21 to 50 ebooks………………$99.00 ($4.70 to $1.98 each)
LEVEL C……………..51 to 100 ebooks……………..$199.00 ($3.90 to $1.98 each)
LEVEL D……………..101 to 250 ebooks……………$299.00 ($2.96 to $0.80 each)
LEVEL E……………..251 to 500 ebooks……………$399.00 ($1.59 to $0.80 each)
LEVEL F……………..501 to 1000 ebooks…………..$499.00 ($1.00 to $0.50 each)
How do I get started?
Is there a particular book of ours that you think may be especially helpful for people? An Ebook Distribution License gives you the right to freely distribute ebooks in any way you choose. Here are some of the typical followup questions:
How long will my download links work?
Until you have downloaded the maximum number of books associated with the license you purchased.
How long will my distribution license be valid?
Until the moment you distribute the last ebook your license entitles you to distribute. You can give away ebooks as slowly or as quickly as you like.
What if I want to give away more ebooks than my license allows?
You can upgrade to the next license level anytime within 1 year of your purchase or latest upgrade. Upgrades cost only the price difference between levels.
Does this offer apply to print books?
No, only to ebooks.
What formats do the ebooks come in?
The three most popular formats.
- Mobipocket files are native to the Kindle.
- EPub files are native to the iPad/iPhone/iPod, the Nook, and many other ereaders, tablets, smart phones, and other handheld devices.
- PDF files can be read on any computer or digital device. They can also be printed out and will basically look just like our print books. Recipients don’t even need to own a tablet or ereader!
(See the sidebar for an exception regarding PDF-only books.)
Who is allowed to download files from the links you provide?
That’s up to you.
- You may choose to share the links among people you want to give the books to, and they can download ebooks themselves.
- Or you may prefer to keep the links private, or only share them among a small group of people within your church or ministry. In that case the books can be downloaded from time to time and shared with whomever you want to have them.
- Or if, for example, you know in advance how many copies of which ebook formats you want, you can download them all at once, store them on a hard drive, and parcel them out any way you want.
Can I make copies of the ebooks I get from you?
No, this license does not give you the right to make copies of any of our ebooks. You may only distribute the actual, original files you have downloaded.
How do I keep track of how many books I have downloaded?
In one sense, you don’t need to worry about that. We track the number of downloads for you, and the link will be disabled when the maximum number of downloads is reached.
Can I resell the ebooks I get from you?
No, this is only a distribution license and does not give you any right to charge money for our ebooks. You can only give them away. (But see the sidebar for an exception if you intend to use PDF files to reproduce books on paper.)
Can I make print copies from the ebooks I download from you?
Yes, with some restrictions.
- This would involve using the PDF version of the book to print out photocopies of the book, or you may prefer to use a printer or quick-copy shop to print them for you.
- You may collect from the end-user of the book the amount of money you pay out-of-pocket to print the books on paper, but you may not charge any more than the break-even amount.
- You must download from the link we provide you one PDF file for each book you intend to have physically printed.
OK, I’m ready. What’s next?
Piece of cake. Click the button…